Friday, March 20, 2020

Friday of the Third Week

Reflection
As I began to write this reflection, my notes from the readings surprised me by turning into a poem.

Hear, O Israel

You, collapsed through your guilt.
Return to God.

Take with you words;
Return.

Repent.
The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Forgive,
And receive what is good.

Be rooted.
Put forth shoots.
Blossom. 
Bear fruit.

Be wise.  Be prudent.
Walk the straight path.

Love God with all your heart.
Love your neighbor.

You are not far from the Kingdom of God.

Prayer
God, guide me to walk the straight path.  When I stray, help me to repent and return. 

Helen Donahey, Administrative Assistant, President’s Office and Secretary to the Board of Trustees

Scripture
First Reading: Hosea 14:2-10
Psalm 81:6c-11b, 14, 17
Gospel: Mark 12:28-34

Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

No comments: