Friday, March 13, 2020

Friday of the Second Week
Reflection
On this day, God calls us to remember times when we have betrayed someone in our life as well as to remind us of His power. Sometimes people are often used in order to benefit oneself. However, this will only lead to sin and bring you further away from God. He challenges us to turn away from this idea of abuse and to focus more on empathy and compassion. Thus, it is important to treat your fellow neighbors equally and lovingly.

This being said, God’s call to all those who are cast aside for the benefit of others is to know that you are not alone.  God tells us that we are important no matter what life puts us through. God has a plan for all of us, despite the hardships we may go through. He encourages us to remember the good things He has already done for us and that our lives have meaning, no matter how small it may seem. I have experienced times where I was cast aside once my friendship was no longer useful for some people. I would often get into states of deep depression because of this and thought my entire life would be this cycle of acceptance and then expulsion. However, when I turned my face toward people who were there for me and truly cared about me, I  found happiness again. Just like relationships with friends and significant others, God wants us to treat everyone with love and respect as well as to cut off ties with those who seek to harm you.

Prayer
God, I know our time is short. However, I ask You to always help me remember what You have done for me as well as remind me to love myself for all the days of my life.

Rachael Southworth, ’21



Scripture
First Reading: Genesis 37:3-4, 12-13a, 17b-28a
Psalm 105:16-21
Gospel: Matthew 21:33-43, 45-46


Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

No comments: