Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Wednesday of the Fourth Week

Reflection

In today’s Gospel, Jesus says “I cannot do anything on my own.” What a radical statement! How often do we stubbornly try to live life without seeking support from those around us, or even from God? For me, the answer is too often. My ego and independence get the best of me, and I try to make it on my own. 

In the Psalm and First Reading, God reminds us of the support He gives to everyone in need—comforting His people, showing mercy to the afflicted, lifting up those who are falling down, and being compassionate towards all His works. He is there for us, even in all our struggles. 

Today’s readings are an invitation to trust in God and to ask Him to help us. Like Jesus, we too cannot do anything on our own. God offers so much guidance, comfort, and joy to those who choose to bring their problems and worries to Him. As the Psalm says, “the Lord is near to all who call upon Him.” Let us call upon God to come live within us. 


Prayer

Lord, help us to lean into Your support and love. Help us to trust in You, to call on You, and to seek You always.

Marina Jerry, ’19


Scripture

First Reading: Isaiah 49:8-15

Psalm 145:8-9, 13cd-14, 17-18

Gospel: John 5:17-30


Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

No comments: