Monday, March 11, 2024

Monday of the Fourth Week

Reflection

“You may go, your son will live,” he said to me. I heard about what he did in Cana, turning water into wine, and when he spoke those words to me, I was filled with a sense of relief and joy. I trusted him completely.

Now, as we make our way home, I’m having doubts. We’ve been traveling so long and still were only half-way there. It’s such a great distance. How could he possibly cure my son from so far away? I should have tried harder to convince him to come. Maybe I should have offered him money. I’m so worried for my son!

Who I this I see approaching? Servants from my household? Oh no! The news must be bad. Why would they come for me if not to tell me that my son has died?

What? He recovered yesterday? Certainly, this Jesus is the Messiah, the one who has come to create a new earth where no longer shall the sound of weeping be heard! I praise you, Lord, for you have rescued me!   You’ve changed my mourning into dancing! Forever I will give you thanks!

Prayer

Loving Jesus, Messiah, heal us. May all who suffer from illness, injury, addiction, broken hearts, or loneliness, be showered with Your grace today. Open our hearts and awaken our senses to the ways that we might help bring healing to our world. Amen.

Rick Cote
Worshipping Community


Scripture

First Reading: Isaiah 65:17-21
Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-12a, 13b
Gospel: John 4:43-54


Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

No comments: