Friday, March 8, 2024

Friday of the Third Week


Reflection

Today’s readings invite us to remember the beauty and power of unconditional love. In the first reading, the LORD says “I will love them freely; for my wrath is turned away from them” reminding us that His love is ever present. There may be times of darkness or challenge or difficulty, but when we turn toward God we are met with unwavering love. 

The moments in my life when I have felt this deep, authentic, unwavering love are the moments that I have trusted fully and not questioned where I am going or what is to come. With that love, there is always a clarity and a fullness; a confidence in what’s next and my ability to navigate it successfully. Being reminded that God brings this kind of love and direction to our lives, always, is a wonderful comfort. 

Following the first reading, the Gospel then reminds us to first love the LORD with all you have and then to love your neighbor as yourself; “[t]here is no other commandment greater than these.” Again, I hear an invitation of unconditional love. This time, the invitation is to give that love. Emanating the love that we receive and sharing it with the world around us feels like a tall order some days. We are asked to love “with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength” and knowing how it feels to receive love like this is motivation to share it.

Prayer

Loving God, shine your loving presence upon me and grant me the grace to share my authentic love with each of my neighbors. Amen.

St. Patrick, pray for us!

Lara Scott
Director of Mobilization of Volunteer Efforts


Scripture

First Reading: Hosea 14:2-10

Psalm 81:6c-11ab, 14, 17

Gospel: Mark 12:28-34


Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

No comments: