Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Tuesday of the First Week 
Reflection
The first reading reminds us that God’s promises will come true. We must remember that God always provides and we should not be distraught. God has a plan and we must trust Him. We also must prepare ourselves for the coming of God. We are given the tools to do this in the Gospel through the “Our Father.” We are reminded to praise, thank, and acknowledge God. Although these “tools” seem very simple, they can sometimes be hard to use. It can be difficult to recognize where God works in our lives and to give Him the praise and thanks He deserves.
 
Through this Lenten journey, we can work on strengthening our relationship with God. We also should recognize that God works through others and while we strengthen our relationship with God, we can work on our relationship with our community as well. For me, one of my favorite parts of the Mass at the St. Michael’s Chapel is praying the “Our Father” at which time everyone moves into the center of the aisle and holds hands. Each time, I am reminded of how wonderful our community is and I thank God for bringing us all together.  In high school, I always thought I would go to a different college, but I know that God guided me here. I find it surprising that my faith grows while I am living in the least religious state in the nation. I think this goes to show that God works in mysterious ways and that we must trust Him and continue to praise Him and thank Him.
 
Prayer
Dear Lord, thank You for all the blessings in my life. I know You work in mysterious ways, but I ask that whatever is Your will be done.  Amen.
 
Maggie McKeon, ’19
 

Scripture
First Reading: Isaiah 55:10-11
Psalm 34:4-7, 16-19
Gospel: Matthew 6:7-15
 
Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

 

No comments: