Monday, March 27, 2017

Monday of the Fourth Week
Reflection
God’s word in Scripture had meaning for the people of the time it was written, but it also has meaning for us whenever we read or hear it. God’s word is alive and living.  I find I need to allow it to have life for me today.  I need to allow myself to see it come to life in some way.

In today’s readings, I am struck by the opening lines of Isaiah: God is creating something new. Where do I see this happening in my life? I may need to look long and hard to see it and come to understand it.  I know God’s love desires our cooperation in bringing about the new heavens and new earth. Sometimes it can only happen through reconciliation, forgiveness, faith, and trust.

I love the joy that is present in this passage. It is filled with hope, “there shall always be rejoicing and happiness,” God will rejoice in Jerusalem and Jerusalem will rejoice in God.  Sorrow, illness and death will be done away with in this new creation.  How I long to see this come but all I can do now is work with the Spirit to help it happen.

The Gospel reminds me that sometimes I have to believe in God’s word without seeing the signs.  What is God telling me today?
We hear of the people of Galilee experiencing something new, a prophet has arisen among them who speaks and acts in God’s name.  That same powerful presence is here today and awaiting our request for healing, wisdom, forgiveness and joy. 

Let us come to Jesus and ask for ears to hear the good news and to have the strength to make it known in our world today.

Prayer
Jesus, come walk with me today.  Help me hear Your words and respond with faith, hope and trust.  May I know the power of Your love for me.  Amen.

Sr. Karen Pozniak, S.N.D. de N., Member of the Worshipping Community

Scripture
First Reading: Isaiah 65:17-21
Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-12a, 13b
Gospel: John 4:43-54


Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

No comments: