Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday of the Fourth Week
Reflection
Today’s readings remind me how important it is to let God into my life and not try and block Him out. The first reading from the Book of Wisdom is a reminder that we do know God’s plan for us and we need to place our trust in him. The wicked ones did understand what they were doing and were not able to receive the wisdom, love, and compassion of God brought to us through the Resurrection of Jesus. The Gospel reading also illustrates our blindness to God through a story about Jesus not being recognized by the Jews as He was walking amongst them within Galilee. For me, this is another metaphor for my own tendencies to have a blindness to God. Today’s Gospel from John calls us to be open to the call of God and respond when God calls us. Don’t be blind to Jesus and recognize when He is walking amongst us in our daily lives. This prompts me to slow down and take more time for prayer and reflection in my busy and hectic life. Only then will I be able to see God and let Him in.

Prayer
Lord, help me to be open to Your calling and help me to see the plan You have laid out for me.

Matt Seklecki, ’11, Associate Director of Admission

Scripture

First Reading: Wisdom 2:1a, 12-22
Psalm 34:17-21, 23
Gospel: John 7:1-2, 10, 25-30

Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

No comments: