Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday of the Third Week

Reflection
We are called to love God with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our mind, and with all our strength…what wonderful words to embrace and, at times, what a challenge. I am comforted today reflecting on the readings by three words…Jesus is present. (Let me say it another way... Jesus is on my side.) What could be more comforting than that?

Jesus is present in the beauty around us. Jesus is present in the people around us. Jesus is present amongst our families, our closest friends, and colleagues. Jesus is present in those by whom we are challenged.  Jesus is present in our waking hours and in our sleep. Jesus is present when we have deadlines, when we are studying, when we get good grades, and when we fall short of our potential.  Jesus’ presence will help me see God and honor God in all of it.  The readings also confirm that we are not infallible, that we make mistakes, and that through it all, we are forgiven and loved freely by God. While we shouldn’t use that as a get out of jail free card, we should find comfort in knowing that we can be and are forgiven.
JESUS IS PRESENT!

Prayer
Lord, enlighten me to Your presence all around me.  Strengthen me to be forgiving as I am forgiven.  And know that I love you.

Patrick J. Gallivan, ’86, Vice President for Government and Community Affairs 

Scripture
First Reading: Hosea 14:2-10
Psalm 81:6c-11b, 14, 17
Gospel: Mark 12:28-34

Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

No comments: