Thursday, March 19, 2015


Thursday of the Fourth Week
Feast of Saint Joseph

Reflection
God not only chose Mary as the mother of God, but He also chose Joseph to help raise His son on earth.  Joseph had to put his trust in God that he could give Jesus the life he was meant to follow.  It must not have been an easy path for Joseph, especially when Joseph and Mary found Jesus in the temple after three days of searching.  Not just as a parent searching for his child, but hearing what Jesus said, “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know I must be in my Father’s house?”  Joseph knew from the start Jesus was going to ultimately follow in the footsteps of God, but Joseph still accepted the journey of being Jesus’ earthly father.

There are many times in our life when God asks us to do things and they may be challenging paths for us to take.  When God calls us to a certain path, we must remember He chose us for a reason.  God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle because at the time, we may think we are handling these things alone, but in truth God never leaves us.  Even though Joseph may have felt alone when Jesus turned to God as his Father, Joseph knew God would always be there with Jesus and himself.  We must accept the paths God calls us to follow and be willing to accept the calling, no matter the circumstance, just like Joseph.

Prayer
Lord, help me to be like Joseph.  Help me to be the person on earth that can understand and accept what You ask me to do.  Give me the strength and courage to succeed and be the person I am meant to be.  Help me to remember You will always be with me and won’t give me anything I cannot handle.

Maura Grogan, ’14, Member of the Worshipping Community


Scripture
First Reading: 2 Samuel 7:4-5a, 12-14a, 16
Psalm 89:2-5, 27, 29
Second Reading: Romans 4:13, 16-18, 22
Gospel: Matthew 1:16, 18-21, 24a or Luke 2:41-51a

Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

 

No comments: