Saturday, March 26, 2022

Saturday of the Third Week

Reflection

Today’s readings offer views into how I can use the words and promises of God in my healing journey. In the first reading, God promises to heal us. Each time we return to God, especially in this season of Lent, we widen the pathway of healing. Knowing we can always return to God, and that God loves us no matter what, are ideas that I can let sink into my soul; letting these ideas continue to heal me. God provides a merciful pathway home, and the doors are always open. Like the tax collector in the Gospel, I am a part of all of humanity/life. I am a sinner, and I need God’s gentleness and mercy, which is home. Home into God’s loving and healing embrace. The readings also remind me that I can continue on my journey of being gentle in my relationship with myself and gentle in my relationships with others, and in so doing, I widen the pathway home to myself and home with others.

Prayer

Dear Lord, I return to You for healing. Embrace me with Your gentleness. Let me feel my connection with all of life. Let me widen the pathways of gentleness in my relationship with myself and my relationships with others.

Jane Hingston Wilkins, ’01

Scripture

First Reading: Hosea 6:1-6
Psalm 51:3-4, 18-21b
Gospel: Luke 18:9-14

Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

No comments: