Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Wednesday of the Fourth Week
Reflection
The readings today from Isaiah and John focus on being open to receive the Lord’s mercy and to trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord’s limitless mercy and love are shown in the verse “For the Lord comforts His people and shows mercy to His afflicted...I will never forget you” which was the Lord’s response to His lost people.  Also, trusting in the Lord’s plan is given in the verse, “I cannot do anything on My own; I judge as I hear, and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of the one who sent me.” These verses are striking yet intriguing because in this Lenten season, many times we forget that the Lord is always there with us and is waiting for us to follow in His footsteps. The Lord, the Christ, is always there for us in our sorrows and our joy whether we realize it or not. The Lord’s love extends to every person of every race, color, ethnicity, etc. His mercy even reaches the worst sinners, and He forgives them anyway. The Lord always remembers His beloved sons and daughters. Even when we choose to do wrong and move away from Him, His hands are stretched out ready to receive us back into His love. Therefore, we must remember that when we fall, we must get back up. As Nelson Mandela once said, “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” Be open to receive the Lord’s mercy.  Even when we feel utterly alone and lost, we need to trust in the Lord because the Lord will guide us and give us strength in our weaknesses.

Prayer
Loving Lord Jesus Christ, allow Your mercy and love to flow through us to give us strength in order to get back up from our falls and to trust in Your will for us.  Amen.

Nicole Skaluba, ’18

Scripture
First Reading: Isaiah 49:8-15
Psalm 145:8-9, 13c-14, 17-18
Gospel: John 5:17-30

Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

 

No comments: