Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday of the Fifth Week
Reflection
In today’s reading, we see a very complicated situation for Susanna.  She chooses to seek out help from God and trust that He will provide an answer for her serious dilemma, even though that help was not readily obvious or clear, but as the situation unfolded, Susanna was vindicated for her faith. 

In our current culture of immediacy and lack of delayed gratification, it can be very difficult to pause and ask for help.  In our current culture of individualism, it can be difficult to remember that we are never alone. But God is always with us, ever present, always available!  Calling upon our faith to help, to heal, and to intervene can be difficult.  If we take Susanna’s lesson and change the trajectory of our problems and call upon God to intervene, with prayer and patience, God will present Himself.  Additionally, here at Saint Michael's College, we use the term community a lot.  It is not a term we take lightly.  It is the hope for all students that they remember they are never alone, they can always ask for help, there is always someone available and you never need to walk alone, never. 

Prayer
Good and gracious God, give me the courage to ask for help and lean on You in times of need.  Give me the courage to ask for help and to seek out those around me who care about my wellbeing.  Open my eyes, open my heart, and open my mind so I can more clearly see Your presence in my life and the presence of those that love me.  Remind me that I am never alone, always present in Your grace.

Jeff Vincent, ’93, M’15, Assistant Dean of Students


Scripture
First Reading: Daniel 13:1-9, 15-17, 19-30, 33-62 or 13:41c-62
Psalm 23:1-6
Gospel: John 8:1-11

Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

 

No comments: