Saturday, April 8, 2017

Saturday of the Fifth Week
Reflection
In all of the things I cherish in my faith, the one I am most appreciative of is the home I have found here. It is not a physical home, made of bricks and planks of wood, but a spiritual and emotional home, one that I carry with me always. In the first reading, we hear of God’s promise to His children of Israel to provide them with a home, with a covenant of peace that will keep them in sanctuary. This is such a wonderful reminder of the home God has promised to each of us.

Our home, according to this reading, shall never be divided into two nations. The home of God is open to everyone who wishes to dwell with Him, and so I wish my own home will be home to others. It is so easy for us to rely on the borders we have built in our lives to keep out pain, fear, and the unknown. No such borders exist in God’s promise to us, and I think this is one of the most beautiful aspects of our faith. The home He promises is based on love and meeting people where they are, and I hope to be able to bring this promise to my own daily life. We are called to be at home but to also bring others home, and in this way, I see the light of His sanctuary calling us all together.

Prayer
Thank you for bringing me into Your home. Help me to see the light of life in my brothers, sisters, and neighbors of all identities. Let me be a sanctuary.

Erin Buckley, ’17

Scripture

First Reading: Ezekiel 37:21-28
Psalm: Jeremiah 31:10-13
Gospel: John 11:45-56

Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

No comments: