Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday of the Fourth Week
Reflection

Todays reading reminds us that our lives will not be free from suffering, but the Lord is always with us through our troubles. Whether downtrodden, brokenhearted, or painfully tested, nothing can separate us from the love of our God. Even still, it is challenging to be strong and courageous. In today's Gospel reading, Jesus shows us exactly how to endure. For me, it comes naturally to let fear take over, making it easy for me to forget the Lords love. But, if I remember to offer each day to the Lord, so that He remains with me and I remain with Him before, during, and after any hardships that I come across each day, I can overcome my fears.

It is encouraging that none are sent away who seek refuge in the Lord. Even though we may be put to the test by those who do not know the Lord, we are able to remain strong. Do not be afraid. As others suffer and fear, always guide them toward the Lords gentle care, praying with them along the way.  Todays reading reminds me of Romans 8:38: For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I hope and pray that you offer all of your troubles to the Lord, so that He can wrap you in His protection, and encourage you as you persevere, remaining always in the truth.
 
Prayer
“You shall wander far in safety though you do not know the way…Be not afraid, I go before you always, come follow Me and I will give you rest.” from the hymn, Be Not Afraid

Kristen Isabelle, ‘16

Scripture
First Reading: Wisdom 2:1a, 12-22
Psalm 34:17-21, 23
Gospel: John 7:1-2, 10, 25-30

Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

No comments: