Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Tuesday of Holy Week
Reflection
In the first reading, we hear about God being our strength and our protection. Sometimes it seems as if all our hard work and efforts are in vain, but God, who knows our hearts and intentions, knows we are striving towards what is good and right, even if our efforts seem pointless.  The Psalm also echoes this saying, “In you, O LORD, I take refuge; let me never be put to shame.  In your justice rescue me, and deliver me...Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety, for you are my rock and my fortress.  O my God, rescue me from the hand of the wicked.”

The Gospel reading is the story of how one of the disciples will betray Jesus at the Last Supper. Although Jesus knew that a disciple would betray Him and that His time was at hand, He expresses that God will be glorified and He trusted in his Father. Knowing that bad things can happen and that you may feel as though you are suffering in your own life, we also have the hope that goodness and glory for God can occur, despite the hurt and suffering that we might endure. As Lent comes to an end, remember that what might appear to be darkness and pain, might also lead us to greater purpose or meaning and that God will be with us throughout it all.

Prayer
Lord, please help us to remember that You can use all things for good. Help us to love You with all of our hearts, no matter how we feel and what happens in our lives. Amen.

Alec Guzauckas, ’20

Scripture
First Reading: Isaiah 49:1-6
Psalm 71:1-4a, 5ab-6ab, 15, 17
Gospel: John 13:21-33, 36-38

Daily Scripture readings can be found online at the USCCB website

No comments: